Wednesday, August 24, 2016
John Price of Ginger Village pubs, is offering fellow fans, who are members of the Darlington FC Supporters Group, a 20 per cent discount on food at the company’s four pubs on production of their membership card. [Read More…]
Tuesday, August 23, 2016
Tickets for the away match at FC United of Manchester on Bank Holiday Monday will be on sale tomorrow night in the bar area at Heritage Park to all DFCSG members (1 per member). This is in addition to them being on sale at Quaker Retail in the Dolphin Centre.
The ticket allocation to Darlington fans is for standing only – there are no seats available.
The ticket prices are:
£5 concessions (over 60s)
Please note that no-one will be allowed to travel on the official supporters coach to FC United unless they are in possession of a match ticket.
Thursday, August 11, 2016
This is the first time that I have written to you in regards to membership and I wanted to take the opportunity to, on behalf of the DFCSG Board, firstly thank you for your membership over the previous season and secondly give you some quick information about what your membership fees have been used for in the last year.
Membership fees provide valuable funds for us to work with the Football Club Board and help develop the Club, this year we have purchased an additional £10,000 share equity which has increased our shareholding to approximately 55% of share capital with 65% of voting rights, this provided the Club with critical cash-flow over the winter months when many home games were postponed.
Subscriptions for the new season are due for payment on 1 September 2016. Subscriptions for full adult membership are £20 and £5 for anyone u16. There is a variety of means available to pay your subscriptions to suit your convenience - cheque, cash, and our new secure online direct debit facility.
To access the on line facility click on this link:
Once you have selected to pay, you will be given the option of a £20 ‘one-off’ payment or a monthly direct debit of £1.67 starting 1 September. The system notifies us when a member has renewed, therefore there is no need to complete a paper renewal form. Our preference would be for members to pay by monthly direct debit because it is more efficient for everyone.
If you prefer the more traditional methods of payment, please complete the renewal form (download as Word Doc or Adobe PDF) and return it to us with payment by cheque or cash. You can submit your form by:
- hand at Quaker Retail at the Dolphin Centre (now open Monday to Friday 10am – 1pm);
- hand at the ‘Fans Table’ in the bar in the main stand at Heritage Park at the matches against Boston United, Chorley or Alfreton Town;
- post to ‘Darlington FC Supporters Group, Blackwell Meadows, Grange Road, Darlington DL1 5NR (no cash please).
If you are currently paying by monthly standing order, you do not need to take any action to renew (although you may wish to reduce your monthly standing order to the new rate of £1.67) and your membership card will be in the first batch for printing.
This season in addition to the usual benefits of being a full member (adult and juniors) of the DFCSG such as:
- Maintaining your membership in the largest shareholder of Darlington Football Club – effectively making you a joint owner of the Club;
- Enabling you to stand for election to the DFCSG Board and to vote for your preferred Board candidates at the AGM;
- Receiving priority tickets for all-ticket games similar to those of season ticket holders (especially important for our first few games at Blackwell where demand for tickets will be huge).
We’ve also added some additional discount offers this season, the first of which is the excellent 25% off Virgin Trains East Coast fares travelling from and to Darlington station and at the time of writing two others, details of which will follow in the coming weeks.
We realise that members will be keen to utilise the 25% discount on Virgin Trains East Coast fares, so we will notify members as soon as their card is available for collection. This is likely to be within the next two weeks.
Please note that Travel Club members are not eligible for any of the above membership benefits.
Tuesday, August 9, 2016
We’d like to give you an update on the position of the Community Share offer which we recently re-opened in order to collect the remaining £2,500 needed to hit the £100,000 target. The good news is that there has been a great response and we’ve easily collected the additional funds required.
In fact the response has been so great that we’ve been looking at ways in which we can retain the additional funds raised over £100,000. We’re pleased to report that a number of generous investors have agreed to convert their Community Shares into a donation meaning that those share can be made available to others and we still retain all of the proceeds which will be used for the development of Blackwell Meadows.
The offer is now officially closed for new pledges, however if you’ve pledged but have not been able to pay yet we can accept payments until midnight on Friday 12th August, after that date all remaining unpaid pledges will be cancelled.
Share certificates are in the process of being produced and will be ready for collection within a maximum of 30 days.
Thanks again for your generous investments.
SATURDAY 27TH AUGUST 3.00 PM
The DFCSG - strengthening the roots of our club
The DFCSG created and manage the B2D fund, which is funding available to help establish the Club back in Darlington. The fund acts as the primary collection pot for monies raised from direct donations and events organised by the DFCSG Fundraising Group.
Of course, there are many ways in which you can help the club directly but, if you’re specifically looking for a quick and easy way to support the establishment of a solid foundation for the Club in its new home, then it only takes a few minutes to set up a one-off or regular donation to the B2D Fund either by your online or high street banking service.
For monthly standing orders or a one off donation please send monies to the following account:
“Darlington FC Supporters Group”
Sort code: 30-84-43
Account No: 30283268
To pay by cheque please make cheque payable to
“Darlington FC Supporters Group” and send to
Darlington FC Supporters Group
c/o Blackwell Meadows
Please quote your name in the reference area when using internet banking and, on the back of your cheque, include your name and address.
Remember there are many ways to help the Club… can you think of any more? Please tell us about it either by email or in person at the Fans Table in the bar at all home games.
- Buying a Season Ticket helps to provide the Manager with additional funding needed to strengthen the team at the start of each new season
- Attending matches provides the club with a constant stream of money throughout the season, from additional match-day ticket sales and revenues from catering and other sales (e.g. programme sales, match-day raffle tickets, 50:50 match-day draw, Club merchandise).
- The Come On Darlo Prediction League is a fun way to add a little bit of an edge to your season - use your skill and judgement to predict how we and the other local clubs will do in the coming season, and who will be the big winners and losers nationally, come the end of the season.
- The Sponsor a Goal scheme is a fan-run initiative which has raised over £5000 for the Club since it began in season 2012-13.
- For as little as £5/month the DFC Fans Lottery Draw provides you with the chance to win either £50 in each weekly draw, or even more in the monthly Super Draw. The Lottery has raised more than £7,000 for the Club over the past 12 months.
- The Fundraising Group runs a series of entertainment fundraising events over the year, the proceeds of which go into the B2D fund.