Thursday, October 27, 2016
Here are the nomination manifestos for the 2016 DFCSG Board:
Monday, October 24, 2016
As part of the Darlington FC Supporters Group (DFCSG) objective to improve communications with its members a series of surgeries are planned.
The first surgery will be held at the Football Club’s new home, Blackwell Meadows on Thursday 8th December and will be a great chance to meet the newly elected DFCSG Board members and find out what’s happening behind the scenes. It will also give the opportunity for members to ask general questions or raise any issues they may have either from a Football Club or Supporters Group perspective.
There will be no set agenda for the event so anyone interested can drop by any time between 6:30pm and 8:30pm. The event will be exclusively for DFCSG members. If you are not yet a member of the DFCSG you can sign-up online at: http://www.darlingtonfcsupportersgroup.org/join or you’ll be able to sign up on the evening.
Additional surgeries are planned both in Darlington and surrounding areas including Newton Aycliffe, Middleton-One-Row, Northallerton and Eaglescliffe. These will be announced in due course.
Sunday, October 23, 2016
Here are the latest photos taken by Nick Burton showing the latest progress at Blackwell Meadows.
In the interests of safety we must request that fans and any other members of the public refrain from visiting Blackwell Meadows to see what’s going on.
Friday, October 21, 2016
Due to the fantastic response to our appeal to buy the dugouts for Blackwell Meadows the full amount has now been raised and we will not be taking any further names to be displayed on the dugouts.
The DFCSG and I, personally, would like to extend a huge thanks to all those who have contributed. I know I’m certainly going to feel an immense amount of pride when I see the dugouts installed and I hope all of you will too.
We’ll be communicating in the coming weeks to let you know when we plan to unveil the names so stay tuned!
For those who didn’t get chance to take part, don’t worry, there will be further opportunities to have your name etched into the fabric of Blackwell Meadows coming up in the future.
SATURDAY 12TH NOVEMBER 3.00 PM
The DFCSG - strengthening the roots of our club
The DFCSG created and manage the B2D fund, which is funding available to help establish the Club back in Darlington. The fund acts as the primary collection pot for monies raised from direct donations and events organised by the DFCSG Fundraising Group.
Of course, there are many ways in which you can help the club directly but, if you’re specifically looking for a quick and easy way to support the establishment of a solid foundation for the Club in its new home, then it only takes a few minutes to set up a one-off or regular donation to the B2D Fund either by your online or high street banking service.
For monthly standing orders or a one off donation please send monies to the following account:
“Darlington FC Supporters Group”
Sort code: 30-84-43
Account No: 30283268
To pay by cheque please make cheque payable to
“Darlington FC Supporters Group” and send to
Darlington FC Supporters Group
c/o Blackwell Meadows
Please quote your name in the reference area when using internet banking and, on the back of your cheque, include your name and address.
Remember there are many ways to help the Club… can you think of any more? Please tell us about it either by email or in person at the Fans Table in the bar at all home games.
- Buying a Season Ticket helps to provide the Manager with additional funding needed to strengthen the team at the start of each new season
- Attending matches provides the club with a constant stream of money throughout the season, from additional match-day ticket sales and revenues from catering and other sales (e.g. programme sales, match-day raffle tickets, 50:50 match-day draw, Club merchandise).
- The Come On Darlo Prediction League is a fun way to add a little bit of an edge to your season - use your skill and judgement to predict how we and the other local clubs will do in the coming season, and who will be the big winners and losers nationally, come the end of the season.
- The Sponsor a Goal scheme is a fan-run initiative which has raised over £8000 for the Club since it began in season 2012-13.
- For as little as £5/month the DFC Fans Lottery Draw provides you with the chance to win either £50 in each weekly draw, or even more in the monthly Super Draw. The Lottery has raised more than £10,000 for the Club over the past 12 months.
- The Fundraising Group runs a series of entertainment fundraising events over the year, the proceeds of which go into the B2D fund.